Beckyland, Inc.

Easing boredom since 2005
Adventures, thoughts, and useless trivia
Time to play!
Being a grown-up is fun after all.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

A Nice, Normal Color

You know, I wish I had something interesting to write today. It has been a very average 24 hours. Not bad, not good. Just average. Like if you had to graph my typical activities at every hour of the day, the line of best fit would be a mirror image of what I exactly did. Take train home, stop at Quick-E-Mart for milk, make dinner, load the dishwasher, watch Tavis Smiley, assorted Friends and Will and Grace episodes, part of a Buffy episode until I got tired.... sleep, hit snooze, wake up, come to work, not much to do (thank goodness), lunch, chat with coworkers, prepare to go home. I wouldn't say it was gray, because it wasn't unpleasant. Or beige, which sounds like it's missing something. More of a soft buttercream color.*

*As you may be able to tell by my fondness for this and other tedious color distinctions, I used to work at a paint store after high school and on breaks from college. I got really into (and quite good at, if I do say so myself) color matching. I earned myself a little reputation, yes I did... people would come in with a swatch of fabric or chip of paint and they'd say, "I want Becky to match this, because I hear she's the best." Ahhhh..... I loved the glory of it all. We all should be so lucky to enjoy such fame and expertise in our jobs. Sigh. One day.

Big Event of the Day: Continue cleaning (I'm going on 3 consecutive days here--yay me!)
Percent Chance: 84%

3 Comments:

  • I've also had weeks when I feel like I am doing the same thing every day. Sometimes I feel like I'm in that movie, "Groundhog Day". Although my t.v. watching is more Simpsons and Family Guy, and less Friends and Will & Grace.

    So you are a paint color expert? I may need a consultation when I buy a condo. I'll stay away from the butternut cream color though.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/27/2006 09:40:00 AM  

  • I enjoy color distinctions too. Not that I want to generalize, but I've found that most men are confused by this. Here's a funny exchange that happened between my friend Stephen and I once:

    "I wouldn't have been upset about having to clean the garage at work except I was wearing the only article of clothing that I brought back from Sweden, and I didn't want to ruin it."

    "Oh, what was it?"

    "A sweater. Thinner, off the shoulder, kind of a mauve color."

    "Mauve? What the heck is mauve?"

    "You know, like a deep rose?"

    "Oh, you mean the sweater is PINK."

    It was amusing.

    By Blogger Katie, at 4/27/2006 02:00:00 PM  

  • Tee hee.

    I also like how girls can describe an article of clothing down to the exact color range, type of fabric, how it's cut, the length, width, stretchiness, boobiness, decorations, bra-wearing ability, etc. I'm sure guys hate this.

    By Blogger Becky, at 4/27/2006 02:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home