Beckyland, Inc.

Easing boredom since 2005
Adventures, thoughts, and useless trivia
Time to play!
Being a grown-up is fun after all.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Day 4 of Boring

Big Event of the Day: start cleaning up my apartment so, among other things, I can open the windows and not have random important papers blowing around
Percent Chance:
Of Doing Something: 50%
Of Putting Away or Cleaning More Than 5 Things: 12%

I signed up for classes today! Yay me! Between that and Michigan Avenue after work, I have been spending way too much money lately--last night I bought the super-duper best of Lionel Richie CD with like 30 songs on it. I'd been wanting to get me some Lionel Richie for years now. (....Oh, what a feelin'....we're dancin' on the ceilin'......)

Anyway, but the classes. Becky equals so excited. Bum bumbum buhhhhh.... Arabic! and Tango! Oh, baby.

So John tells me there's a bill in Congress to extend daylight savings time. As in start it earlier in the year and end it later. Some countries, Russia being one, have daylight savings time all year long, with an extra hour in the summer so they're two hours ahead. Some people think the U.S. should do this too, in addition to changing the beginning and ending dates. The major reason given is to save evergy costs, since people won't need to turn their lights on at home until later. Of course, it'll be dark for more hours in the morning then. What do you think?

3 Comments:

  • Yeah. People didn't like when it was first started, and for a long time they didn't have it. (Here's a quick and non-boring history of the battle.)

    I'm with you as far as wondering how much of a difference it will really make...plus waking up in the dark for 2 more months out of the year doesn't sound fun.

    By Blogger Becky, at 4/19/2006 09:41:00 AM  

  • I thought they changed it already, like this year... I think the dates are different from last year.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/19/2006 03:40:00 PM  

  • Ok, I'm wrong. I guess they didn't change yet. But yay. I hate coming home in the dark. But I also hate waking up in the dark. It's a toss up, I guess.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/19/2006 03:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home