Beckyland, Inc.

Easing boredom since 2005
Adventures, thoughts, and useless trivia
Time to play!
Being a grown-up is fun after all.

Monday, January 02, 2006

A Dang Near Perfect Day

In the last 24 hours, I got to do some of my favorite things: stay up late, sleep in, watch Buffy, eat junk, and have the house to myself. It began by Laura and me staying up 'til 6 am because she was flying back to San Francisco at 8. In that time, I came upon a new method for reading a book that is much more worthwhile. Just pick it up and read about a page from the middle. If you like it, skip ahead to 3/4 of the way through and read about another page. If you still like it pretty well, skip ahead a chapter or two and read to the end. Or, if you really like it, go back closer and closer to the beginning as much as you need to in order to figure out what was going on in the middle. This way you only have to spend about 15 minutes on a book if it's no good, but you can read as much more of it as you want if it turns out to be good. It's book-reading for the lazy or commitment-phobic.

So anyway, at 6 am we said goodbye and then my parents took her to Midway (which meant I got to go to bed). I set my alarm for noon but slept until 1:45. Then I laid (lay?) (lied?) (English sucks sometimes) in bed for another hour, in the warm cozy darkness. Then I watched part of Buffy season 4 overview. Then, when I heard my parents leave for Wal-Mart, I got up, ate some Clusters, called my sister, and played on the internet. Now I'm eating leftover chinese food rice (much stickier and chewier and overall yummier than regular homecooked rice) and blogging again. And it's only 5:55! The night is young. I am considering showering, but if I don't even leave the house, I may decide this is a pointless waste of time, water, and soap.

No deep thoughts today. I'm tapped out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home