Beckyland, Inc.

Easing boredom since 2005
Adventures, thoughts, and useless trivia
Time to play!
Being a grown-up is fun after all.

Monday, December 26, 2005

Back to Blogging

Merry After-Christmas!

How was yours? Mine was pretty good. I've been having fun with my sisters. I was worried we'd fight, but maybe since we fought so bad at Thanksgiving, it's been taken care of already.

I watched "Good Will Hunting" last night. I'd already seen it 4 or 5 times, but it had been a while, and I'd forgotten I liked it so much. It was cool hearing little comments people made that I hadn't noticed before. Kinda sad though. Robin Williams' character is so depressing. It makes me not want to get married in case somebody dies. But! That's the type of thinking my friends yell at me for.

I got 2 hoochie shirts for New Years tonight. Very excited. I bought the same top in 2 colors. I am very much a proponent of the "You find something you like, buy it in every color" shopping philosophy.

So I have these friends who live in Lombard, which is only 15 minutes away. Every time I go to their house, I get lost. I've been to their house 7 or 8 times, and you would think I'd have it figured out by now. Every time I think, "This time I'll get it right! I can do it!" But very shortly after, eager "I can do it" Becky is replaced by frustrated growling Becky, who has to suck it up, pull over, and call them from her cell phone. Tonight my sisters, cousin and I headed over there again, full of confidence because, hey, now there's 4 of us, so how can we get lost? I drove, of course, because I supposedly knew how to get there. Fifteen minutes later, we had to call them and ask for help.

My sister says their house must be in an alternate universe. So I don't feel so bad. And also that would be kinda cool. Like it's only there every other time you pass by. . . The dimensions only intersect at infrequent intervals, etc. That'd just be neat. I mean, for all we know, there could be 2 or 3 different dimensions inhabited by our friends and families. We just hop around between the three of them whenever they happen to overlap, like ice floes in the Arctic Ocean, taking for granted the surface we're walking on is one continuous body as opposed to several. (Just doing what I can to provide interesting thoughts. It's hard work, you know.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home