Beckyland, Inc.

Easing boredom since 2005
Adventures, thoughts, and useless trivia
Time to play!
Being a grown-up is fun after all.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Unexpected Benefits of Corporate Spending

We had another work Christmas party today. I'm not complaining about the free hors d'oeurves or the fact we get to not do work, but I can't believe companies spend money on them, thinking it will help morale. Wouldn't people be happier if management got to know their employees, not make them do pointless "professional development" paperwork, and gave them health insurance? Anyway, I learned something interesting because of this. After having a glass of wine (free but not very good) and a beer (Miller Lite), I took the train home as usual. My dad picks me up from the station and I find myself talking to him, not arguing. A whole 5 minute drive home, with no arguing! I am calm as a cucumber, at peace with the world. So I have discovered my solution. I can be content living at home: I just have to be drunk all the time. Which really wouldn't be so bad except for the eventual slide in raging alcoholism. So I guess I still need to find my own place after all.

I felt like a spring chicken today because it was above freezing. I always feel like doing more things when it's not cold. Like I stopped by the "Wicked" box office to see about getting tickets. I heard there's this deal where you can go the day of and get cheap tickets for that night if they haven't sold out. But the line was too long--Oh, well. But that's what I mean. I'm so much more motivated. I swear, if I was living in Miami I'd be so productive. Okay, well, except for when it's too hot to do anything. Okay, never mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home