Beckyland, Inc.

Easing boredom since 2005
Adventures, thoughts, and useless trivia
Time to play!
Being a grown-up is fun after all.

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Life Lessons

Things I have learned the past week:

1. Always, ALWAYS save a draft before you click on something else!!!!! God I am so annoyed I have to rewrite this.

2. If you are going to leap onto a train as the doors close, consider the backpack. It means the difference between landing safely onboard and being trapped like a beetle, arms and legs flailing, yelling for help from the (generally unamused) conductor.

3. Don't put anything into your coat side pockets unless you are prepared to live without it when it falls out (I should have known this one already).

4. Travel note to self: I have been wasting time getting off at the Addison exit to Lakeview when I should have been getting off at Paulina, or taking Ashland straight down to 290.

5. Mashed potatoes on your turkey sandwich isn't as good as you would think.


I could be going to the 12 Bars of X-Mas bar crawl tonight, but I have to go to a family Christmas party instead. All I can say is that ham better be good and I better clean up at poker, or the night will be a waste.

My dad was soldering in the middle of the kitchen floor today. If you knew my family you woudn't find this surprising. In fact, I have been known to use logic similar to his: Me: "Why don't you do that in the garage?" Dad: "Because it's dark and cold in the garage." Me: "Okay, why don't you do that in the basement?" Dad: "Because it's dark and dirty in the basement." Huh. I suppose that makes sense. So there you have it: middle of the kitchen floor.

Tomorrow my mom wants me to sing with her in church. (I've been going to choir practice this month because my sister and I are going to sing at the Christmas service.) But going on a Sunday would cross the line--it would turn me into an actual church-going member! Plus lately (sorry to all you religious types) being forced to pray gives me the creeps. Guess this puts me strongly in the "not really a Christian" column. Don't tell the evangelists or they'll come over and try to save my soul.

Okay, after totally rewriting this, I am irritated. I'm also pretty sure I forgot something, but it's gone forever.

1 Comments:

  • Instead of typing directly into the Blog window first type into MS Word or a similiar program; then copy and paste into the Blog window. Now you should never loose something you typed.

    Good luck.

    By Blogger DarthImmortal, at 12/20/2005 01:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home