Beckyland, Inc.

Easing boredom since 2005
Adventures, thoughts, and useless trivia
Time to play!
Being a grown-up is fun after all.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

An Above Average Tuesday

Blogging is addicting. The idea that people may be tuning in to hear my precious witty thoughts makes me giddy with power.

I don't like crossing the bridges in Chicago. When the buses go over, the metal actually separates. The Washington Street bridge is so bad that it gaps about 5 inches when a bus goes across. That's enough to get your foot caught and then broken off.

I had tortilla soup from the Corner Bakery Cafe for dinner. It was too spicy and they didn't have sour cream, so I used coffee creamer. It was good! I like to MacGyver things like that.

I missed the 6:40 train today by 3 minutes. But then, to waste time, I went into this scarf and jewelry shop (apparently it was a store focused on things to wear on or around your head). . . and I found another pair of earrings like the ones I lost last week! It was fate. The lady behind the counter had her baby there and was speaking Spanish to it. We'd already started speaking in English, so I didn't switch languages. But I like knowing I could have talked to her baby in Spanish if I'd wanted to.

I have to amend my earlier assertion that no one on the Metra trains talk. They do, but only on the later trains, like the ones after 7 pm. Ideas why?

I saw another apartment tonight, but no dishwasher. That's a dealbreaker. I know, I know, if I lived in another country I wouldn't have a dishwasher, and it seems like a waste of money to pay for one. But without a dishwasher, I end up feeling guilty all the time about not doing my dishes. I can't just plop on the couch or go to bed right after I eat if I feel like it.

A final thought: I've noticed that the trend lately is to wear coats with hoods that have a big furry border around them. Does this actually keep people warmer? I mean, I know I've seen pictures of people in the Artic wearing them. So is it a windblocker of some kind? Or does it just look pretty, and feel snuggly? Like, "Dang, it's freezing out here, but ahhh, at least I've got this snuggly furry thing brushing against my cheek. I can pretend I'm asleep in a warm bed. . ." ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home