Beckyland, Inc.

Easing boredom since 2005
Adventures, thoughts, and useless trivia
Time to play!
Being a grown-up is fun after all.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Beck to Work

It was foggy today. When you don't have to drive in it, fog is pretty cool. It's like snow in that it makes everything quieter and closer. And it's warmer, usually. It looks pretty cool wound around the skyscrapers--today I could only see about 15 stories up. That's some seriously foggy fog. Good job fog.

I went to find out about Wicked tickets today. Apparently they raffle off 20 tickets the day of the show, but you have to put in your name 2 hours beforehand and hang around to see if they call you. I'm gonna go see how much real tickets are. Maybe it's worth it to get them the easy way. [By the way, I feel like I have to get this out there since I am an editor and former teacher. . . yes, I am well aware that gonna is not a word--I just like it. Okay?]

I only got like an hour, maybe an hour and a half of sleep last night. I'd been staying up all weekend and then couldn't fall asleep last night. But it was a grand victory--I had tons of work to do today, and I actually finished it. . . didn't fall asleep once! That's a big deal, so yay me.

I like the holidays because when you go back to work you have something to talk about with your bosses and other people who you feel like you should talk to but don't have anything to say to. I had a nice chat in the bathroom (weird how it's a gathering place, but the rest of the time we're all in our respective cubes, so it sort of makes sense) with Joan, one of the ladies who interviewed me. I'm not on her project now, but I probably will be at some point. So it was good to start the schmoozing process.

Right now my parents and I (and Laura, via phone) are having a lively (read: bitter) dispute about what should and should not be included in our annual holiday newsletter, which, in true DeForest style, never goes out until after New Years. But that's not the point. The point is. . . oh, the point is. The rage is at a 5 today. Which may not seem so bad, but over the long term, you just can't sustain that. It's like having a pot of water on medium low for a few hours: eventually the water boils off, you scorch and warp the pan, and in some cases, you start a fire. Not recommended by the surgeon general or Smokey the Bear.

Sorry my blog's so boring today. Hopefully I'll come across an original idea tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home