Beckyland, Inc.

Easing boredom since 2005
Adventures, thoughts, and useless trivia
Time to play!
Being a grown-up is fun after all.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

1:51 am. . . Much More Fun Than 1:51 pm

I just made myself some toast with my mom's homemade raspberry jam. As I was spreading it on, I said to myself, Man, this jam is seedy. And I thought how that's one of the few times I've ever said seedy to refer to something literally having a lot of seeds in it. So how did seedy come to mean "unseemly"? Certainly my mom's jam is on the up and up.

Coldplay was on Austin City Limits tonight. They are so so good. They said their influences are U2 and Depeche Mode, and it shows. My little ears also heard a touch of Sarah MacLaughlan, but I wouldn't tell them that--maybe they don't want to be that girly. So as I was watching it, I got out the guitar and started trying to play what they were playing. . . . me, not so sucessful, as it turns out, but I did figure out some individual notes here and there. I also got a cool idea for how to draw the guitar strings superimposed on a piano keyboard, so hopefully I can use that to better figure out what strings and frets do what. I'm still optimistic about my Great Challenge, learning guitar from piano, AKA Becky's Excerise of Sheer Mental Will. Yeeeaaaaahhh baby. No books or lessons for me. I scoff at them. SCOFF!

I may break down and do lessons or a book or something at some point, but for now, it gives me something to do when I'm up in my room, hiding from my parents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home