Beckyland, Inc.

Easing boredom since 2005
Adventures, thoughts, and useless trivia
Time to play!
Being a grown-up is fun after all.

Monday, June 26, 2006

Movie Rant

Okay, I know I just wrote a post, but consider this making up for not blogging for so long. I just have to say. I don't understand (and sorry if you're one of them) people who liked the movie "A Knight's Tale." I thought it was bad. I won't go so far as to say horrible. ....But actually, no wait--it was horrible, yes. I just happened across another blog where this was one of the person's favorite movies. I don't get it. The movie goes like this: Heath Ledger is trying to work his way up in the jousting world, a la Gladiator. He meets and supposedly falls in love with (not very believably, for reasons I will explain) this horribly bitchy and demanding princess who at first won't even give him the time of day because she thinks she's better than everyone, and then when his silly, overused flirtations wear her down she tries to get him to prove his love by telling him something along the lines of, "If you really love me, lose a jousting match for me, get beaten and bloody, and then I'll know you love me so then I'll love you back." And for some reason he does it.

Meanwhile, there's this very kind, funny, cute blacksmith girl he works with who he actually can have a conversation with, is not manipulative or materialistic or princessy in any way, and he doesn't even glance twice at her. And you think, ohhhhh but maybe in the end, he'll come to his senses and get with the better chick, but no. He goes for the bitchy princess because she is a princess. And this is supposed to be a happy ending? That'd be a soulless marriage if ever there was one. I'm sorry--I just can't get behind a male romantic lead who is that stupid.

Okay. Ahh. I have been waiting years to get that off my chest. But of course, no one really cares about that movie anymore.

2 Comments:

  • Becky,

    I have a story on what a horrible movie "A Kights Tale" is.

    Do you know how in the movie advertisements they always quote critics (e.g., "Best Romance Movie of the Year" - Roger Ebert). Well, "A Knight's Tale" was such a horrible movie, that Sonny pictures couldn't find a decent quote from a movie critic to put in their advertisments. That is pretty pathetic, when you think about how many hundreds of critics there are. So Sonny made up a fake movie critic they named Mr. David Manning of the Ridgefield Press and made up phony praise from Mr. Manning to put in the movies adverstiements (They also used Mr. Manning with phony praise in some of their other gutterball movies including, Hollow Man, Vertical Limit, and The Animal.

    Well, some reporter figured out that David Manning is not a real person, and Sony got busted. They got sued for fraud, and had to pay out over a million dollars.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/26/2006 10:23:00 PM  

  • Damn you all! "A Knight's Tale" is the greatest movie ever. It brought tears to my eyes. Or I'm sure it would if I ever watched it, which I never will. Just damnit!

    By Blogger gophilipgo, at 6/27/2006 12:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home