Beckyland, Inc.

Easing boredom since 2005
Adventures, thoughts, and useless trivia
Time to play!
Being a grown-up is fun after all.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Mid-Day Pick-Me-Up

From an interview with Paul Rudd on The A.V. Club:

Sometimes on TV or something, I see these critics, and the way they wear their hair… or they'll have a mustache without any irony, and I think, "This guy's aesthetic criteria is so completely different from mine. What I think is cool is so not what he thinks is cool."

Mustache without irony. Heeeee. Me likey.

I saw a great great play yesterday--Love Song by John Kolvenbach. For free! We got free tickets from work. I have to say (and I know you won't believe me, but I have considered carefully and believe it to be true) that it is the best play I have ever seen in my whole entire life. Busting out laughing, sweet and endearing but not in a "Look at me--I'm trying to be sweet and endearing" way. I liked it for many of the same reasons I like Joss Whedon's stuff.

You: Stop talking about Joss Whedon, Becky! We get it!
Me: Sorry.

Anyway, I am sad that it's only playing until Sunday. But I did convince my parents to come with me to see it again, so at least I'll see it one more time. I may actually become a theater groupie who follows playwrights* around and goes to see every show they make.

*I've always wondered why, if a playwright is the person who writes the play, why the word isn't spelled playwrite. But they didn't ask me.

Did you know baba ghanoush is actually a word? I did not know this.

Big Event of the Day: Out after tango class for John's brother's 21st
Percent Chance: 81%

5 Comments:

  • Not only is baba ghanoush a word, but it's also incredibly tasty! That is, if you like eggplant...

    By Blogger gophilipgo, at 6/01/2006 04:18:00 PM  

  • Yay Phil! You commented!

    I do like eggplant. Hmm.

    By Blogger Becky, at 6/01/2006 04:50:00 PM  

  • Wow, I absolutely did not know that you spelled it playwright. In fact, I thought you were wrong and I looked it up myself. Astounding. Zounds!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/01/2006 08:42:00 PM  

  • I've seen Love Song recently... I'm not sure I liked it so much. The opening scene was hilarious, I mean, when the husband is trying to make this test to the brother. But then I felt this character was a bit overacted. I did like the idea of holding on to what make us feel better though, even when those things might not have much to do with "reality" (well, what's reality anyways...)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/03/2006 02:21:00 AM  

  • No way! You remembered my blog address! Very cool!

    Yeah, Love Song was a little (or a lot) out of touch with reality, but I liked the over-the-topped-ness. It's like how they say people either love Moulin Rouge or Chicago, but they never love both. I love Moulin Rouge. It's ridiculous, but it knows it.

    By Blogger Becky, at 6/03/2006 02:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home