Beckyland, Inc.

Easing boredom since 2005
Adventures, thoughts, and useless trivia
Time to play!
Being a grown-up is fun after all.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Listful

Sorry no bloggy! When I don't stay late to work I usually don't make the time to write from home.

Since I can't think of anything good to ramble on about today, I will make a list. 'Cause lists are cute and I enjoy them.

Top Twelve Things That Have Happened in the Last Week
12. I successfully made homemade refried beans and found them to be a delic-i-ous dip for tortilla chips, especially with cotija cheese on top. The secret is lots of garlic.
11. I danced tango on Friday--not exactly new, but fun as usual.
10. My boss at work passed me in the hall and congratulated me for something I did.
9. I went to gala at the Navy pier ballroom for the first time and I wore a fancy dress and ate fancy food and saw the best live band of my whole entire life.
8. At the gala, I got to dance Mambo and Cha Cha with Rebecca and Esteban's friend Germán up and down the dance floor to the point of both sweat and shoes flying everywhere. Great fun.
7. They fixed my internet--again.
6. I went to see Love Song again with my parents.
5. My parents bought me air conditioners and put them in my windows when they were here.
4. They also brought me pots and pans with lids, and the playing cards I ordered for my grandma.
3. I hung out with my parents for most of a day and we actually had fun, and, more importantly, my dad and I didn't argue or yell at each other once, not even when we were debating politics.
2. I cooked up some bacon yesterday and ate it--yummy.
1. I went out to dinner at Café Ibérico on a Monday night with 3 good girlfriends and we had lots of fun, thus making the weekend longer.

Big Event of the Day: Load dishwasher
Percent Chance: 29%

3 Comments:

  • I love the percentiles that you give for doing things. The numbers are very exact (16.72%, 99.75%, etc).

    I have one for you. After reading your list of things that you did this weekend, I have determined that your social life is 76.32% more exciting than mine.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/06/2006 11:05:00 AM  

  • I like how you always factor in the unexpected. Like you're 99.9334% likely to breathe in and out today, barring a giant vacuum cleaner orbiting the Earth and sucking up all the air. (Can anyone name the movie? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?) Wow, I am full of movie references today. I think I need to get out of here and have my own life instead of watching someone else's on TV...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/06/2006 08:55:00 PM  

  • Exaaaactly. You never know for sure what you'll be doing the next minute...

    Or when an uncontrollable wave of laziness will overtake you and spoil your best laid plans.

    By Blogger Becky, at 6/06/2006 11:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home