Beckyland, Inc.

Easing boredom since 2005
Adventures, thoughts, and useless trivia
Time to play!
Being a grown-up is fun after all.

Friday, March 17, 2006

Random Tidbits

You know how when you're trying to puzzle something out, remember someone's name, make a decision, the answer always comes to you when you're not looking for it, like when you're driving, or in the shower? Well, apparently scientists found proof of what everyone's been saying--that your problem-solving skills actually work better when you're relaxed. Call your managers and tell them! Maybe they'll allow drinking on the job now....

St. Patrick's Day. One of those holidays you have to make an effort to enjoy. Like you gotta make a plan. You have to work that day, so the only fun you'll have is if you go out with friends. Not for me though--Tonight my big activities will be doing laundry and baking a cake for a bachelorette party this weekend. ...A special cake. Oh, the sketches I had to draw last night to figure out how I was going to assemble a... body part... out of cake. I felt like a 12-year-old boy in the back of study hall. (Or do their drawings consist of female body parts?)

You know, now that you mention it, it is kind of weird how much I like bacon. Do you know that after I ate my dinner last night I got a taste for some and so I cooked up a couple of slices? Yep. Hmm. But I'm like that. I go through phases where I just eat a certain thing all the time and then, eventually, I get sick of it. In junior high I ate Honey Nut Cheerios for breakfast seriously every day for 3 years, and then one day, I was just like, "Huh. I guess I've had enough Cheerios." and I didn't have any interest in them again for 5 years. So maybe this is just my bacon stage.

I also like toast again. For a long time I didn't like toast. So really, the whole Saturday-morning breakfast gang is getting back together.

Gosh, you must be bored to think my random eating habits are entertaining. But I do what I can to fend off boredom. It's what I do. It is my gift to you.

1 Comments:

  • Very good recipes up to hunger it he has given me, I am charmed with your blog I want to learn and with this writing aprendere new things in the kitchen


    My furte is not your language, since even it he costs the own(proper) mio to me, but if you know anything of Spanish serious much better

    By Blogger El mundo para Verónica , at 3/17/2006 05:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home