Beckyland, Inc.

Easing boredom since 2005
Adventures, thoughts, and useless trivia
Time to play!
Being a grown-up is fun after all.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

To Tide You Over

I have a couple of quick things. I am not really back, but soon! I think. Anyways, I am feeling energetic today, so here's the latest thoughts in my brain.

I mentioned the reflections in the shiny floors thing, yes? It works best on polished stone floors/terrazzo (I hope that's spelled right). Today as I was walking into my building I noticed it again. And it's cool. If you look, you can see the reflection of the person and also their shadow--2 different things. And the shadow always is in the direction away from the source of light, obviously, because the light source being blocked is casting the shadow. And the reflection is just for you--it's always coming in your direction, because the image is bouncing off the floor and into your eyes. I like it. It's like a magic eye trick trying to pick that out as you're walking. And no one really knows what you're doing either, staring at the floor so intently like that.

I walked past the AT&T building a few days ago and counted that about the first 20 floors have no windows. Twenty floors!! Do you know how much secret espionage hidden transmitter classified surveillance activity they could be conducting in there? Imagine. Of course, it's probably just clean rooms for research of little itty bitty parts for cell phones that are so small you have to *think* the numbers because there is no room for buttons. But it's fun to think about. (And also, they'll be able to do that one day. Make machines that will read commands you only have to *think.* I saw a special on TV. It was about prosthetic body parts, like a hand you can open and close just by sending a brain signal. If they can do that, then telepathic cell phones only follow.)

I cancelled my debit card today because I lost it. They're sending me a new one. But even though the girl on the phone was really nice and good, I was annoyed because Citibank has this whole new ad campaign about how they're so customer-friendly and we get you talking to a real person right away, blah blah. It's the same old stuff. I had to push "If you have recently been the victim of identity theft" to get to a real person. Whatever. Yeah, identity theft. My pants stole my identity, because that's the last place I remember having my debit card, and then it was gone.

I am moving so so soon and am very excited.

I had bacon for dinner last night. Just bacon. My mom had half a package left so we just cooked it all. ALL. Imagine all the yummy saturated fat and sodium. Glad I'm not an overweight middle-aged man, or I'd have to feel guilty about eating that stuff, and probably get nagged by my wife and/or children. So yeah, dinner was a bunch of bacon, a bowl of broccoli (to counteract--I do actually like vegetables, too. . .I like to say all the letters in that word: ve-ge-ta-bles. Such a cute word.) And a piece of bread with cream cheese. And you know what? That probably still had less calories than your average hamburger, so there you go.

I have a very important and vital meeting with some other hardworking employees in just a few minutes (sense the tone), so gotta go. Have a happy Thursday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home