Beckyland, Inc.

Easing boredom since 2005
Adventures, thoughts, and useless trivia
Time to play!
Being a grown-up is fun after all.

Monday, March 13, 2006

Favorites: Sleeping and Waking

Actually, now that I think about it--there is a worse way to wake up. My sisters know what it is. It's waking up to the tune of our mom or dad whistling and singing, "GIII-IIRLS!! Tiiiime to get uu-up! Do dee, dee doo!" and then followed (usually on a Saturday) by "It's a beautiful day outside! Are you just going to sleep the day away?"

Rrrr. Just thinking about it gives me fist-clenchy, nose-scrinkly feelings. ...Ahh, but no danger of that one now, not until I go home for Christmas. . .

Also, I would have to say one of my favorite ways to wake up is to the sound and smells of breakfast cooking (and specifically, bacon) drifting into my room from the kitchen where family and/or friends are talking and laughing, as in a family get-together. I like falling asleep that way, too--on the couch listening to family and friends in the background. It's very comforting.

Thoughts anyone? Write a comment--It will make me feel special. = )

3 Comments:

  • If it will make you feel special, I'll leave a comment. I have never known a woman who loves cured pork products as much as you. I haven't know you very long, but so far I have heard you say 3 times how much you love bacon.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/14/2006 08:30:00 AM  

  • Oh my god, Becky, you make me laugh. And I know exactly the Do-dee-dee-do whistle that dad does and I HATE it too. I should stop reading your blog at work because I end up laughing in front of people and they think I'm weird.

    Speaking of weird, you do like bacon an awful lot....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/16/2006 11:39:00 AM  

  • Who doesn't like bacon? Fat, salt, it's all there. Then brownies, you got fat and sugar, the other side of the coin. Brownies and bacon. It's what's for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert.

    By Blogger Becky, at 3/16/2006 03:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home