Beckyland, Inc.

Easing boredom since 2005
Adventures, thoughts, and useless trivia
Time to play!
Being a grown-up is fun after all.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Asterisk Abuse

The other night I went out to my parents' house and my dad took me to Menards to help me look for shelving and stuff. I was shocked (SHOCKED!) to find that we actually had fun. Laughed, even. Wowo. (Hee hee--I meant to type Wow but I think I like Wowo better.) Several hours of time together with no fighting! Apparently, moving out has helped bring the parental annoyance threshold back within parameters*.

*I'd like to have a job where I got to say things like parameters, "Roger, Roger," and "Make it so". With a communication device and lackeys to do my bidding. I'm thinking a Captain Picard/Jack Sparrow hybrid. Integrity and mishievousness, all rolled into one. And of course, I'd be very British.

Pirate/pilot...

Pirot?**

**Also, speaking of pirates, I was on IMDB today and saw that they've got a poster up for Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. Yay, but also not yay. There is no way the sequel can live up to the awesomeness of the original. It is bound to be disappointing, and I am disappointed in advance. Only if all my friends go to see it and they all come out of the theater saying, "It was way better than the original!" will I want to see it.

Big night tonight. First on the way home I'm going to stop at the Kwik-E-Mart to get some milk, brown sugar, and ....something else. Hmm, I feel like there was a third thing. Well, anyways (I know anyways isn't word, but I just like it. Sorry if it offends)... after that I'm going to have a big night of putting my newly purchased, economical and surprisingly heavy (after carrying it up 3 flights of stairs) Menards shelving together at my apartment. WEEEEEE! I love putting things together. It makes me feel all capable and industrious.

THEN I'll finally be able to put all my kitchen stuff away, and all my clothes (or most of them). After that I have to clean, have Comcast come out and install cable internet at a price of two appendages, order a dining room table, plan a dinner party, and have everyone over to play! Excellent. Done and done.

Today I want to know from you:

1. What kind of cupcake do you like?
Chocolate cake/chocolate frosting?
Chocolate cake/white frosting?
White cake/white frosting?
White cake/chocolate frosting?
Shannon from work brought some in today (very yummy) and we got to choose. I chose white on white.

2. Do you think Pirates of the Caribbean 2 is going to
a) suck horribly,
b) do okay, but barely be worth the $8 you paid to see it, or
c) be a box office smash that they will show over and over again on HBO?

3 Comments:

  • Definitely white on white, with sprinkles if possible. Or even better, blueberry with the crumbly sugary stuff on top.

    And I do not plan on seeing Pirates of the Caribbean 2. Although I do think Johnny Depp is sexy (even in tights) it's not worth my $9. (or 6 if I can convince them I'm still in school.)

    I get to use the word 'parameters' all the time in my job, and it's still no fun. Although today I came up with an idea in a big meeting and the really smart guy said "I was just thinking that! That's a great idea!" I felt smart.

    Ok, this short comment has turned into a full on email. So I'll stop and write you a real email. Or maybe just call you on my way to poker night. A girl's gotta make a living... =)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/23/2006 08:56:00 PM  

  • Concerning Pirates of the Caribean, that was one of the few 3 hour movies that I really enjoyed. But how many sequels are worth seeing? Remember Blues Brothers 2? Or Deuce Bigelow 2. (not that Deuce Begelow 1 was Oscar worthy material). I'll wait for the DVD for Piarates of the Caribbean 2.

    Concerning desert treats, I have never met a cupcake of any flavor or frosting that I have not liked. Judging between them would be like asking someone which of their children is there favorite; it can not be answered.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/24/2006 09:24:00 AM  

  • Shannon needs to tell the flight attendant story because it relates to Garrett's comment. She'll tell it better than me. = )

    By Blogger Becky, at 3/24/2006 09:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home