Beckyland, Inc.

Easing boredom since 2005
Adventures, thoughts, and useless trivia
Time to play!
Being a grown-up is fun after all.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Sparkly

Oh my god I have to blog about this.

First of all, I have to let you know I'm listing to Cher's "Song for the Lonely," which I cannot help but dance to so that may add to my exuberance.... okay, it ended. I am more focused now.

So I went to Best Buy the other day and bought all the records I keep telling myself I should own and I bought them. Of course, out of all of them, when I got home the first one I put in was "The Very Best of Cher."

And I started noticing that all the songs I really loved on her album had two people in common: Paul Barry and Mark Taylor.

Just for fun I googled them. And guess who wrote several Enrique Iglesias songs, AND my favorite Lionel Richie song, Angel? That's right.

AH, the universe makes sense.

I'm off to find out more stuff they wrote.

*****


Hmmm. Well, except for one other song by Laura Fabian (who I'll have to look up), I didn't see any other hits from them. And, shock, they didn't have anything to do with my favorite Enrique Iglesias song, "Escape" (or its Spanish version, "Escapar"). That was Kara DioGuardi, Enrique Iglesias, Steve Morales, and David Siegel.

Anyway, like you care, right?

Actually, speaking of my musical taste, Lionel Richie was on Jimmy Kimmel last night. Now there is a classy guy. Despite an unfortunate history of awful mirrored jumpsuits and gigantic hair, he is now quite fashionably dressed. And even after 30 years of show business, he's completely down-to-earth and friendly, like someone you'd like to have over for cookies. Also, instead of saying freaking, bloody, f-ing or any other swear substitute in sentences such as, "I didn't have any ___ idea what they were talking about," he says blessed. Cute. I like the little turnaround there. If I was more religious I'd like to take that word out for a spin myself. But I think I'll just leave it to him.

4 Comments:

  • So much fun you are. I think I want to say blessed, but I'll let you try it out and report back.

    I am having a bad day. Yesterday I went out for what turned out to be the worst breakfast I've ever had, and to top it off, now I can't find my wallet. I think in my disgust, I must have forgotten it on the table. And the restaurant swears that no one has found it. So now I have cancel all my cards and go to the DMV and get new insurance cards... MAJOR HASSLE.

    But reading Beckyland brightened my day a bit. So I'm not in such a blessed horrid mood anymore.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/18/2006 02:59:00 PM  

  • My mom has this friend who substitues "Praise the Lord" for "Hello". It's a little confusing when I answer the phone at my parents house, and the person on the phone yells "Praise the Lord".

    Laura, sorry about your wallet being missing. Someone stole 3 credit cards out of my wallet last May from my locker of my gym. Within an hour, they had alrady spent a couple hundred bucks at several gas stations. At least I was not responsible for the money, but yes, it is a hassle.

    I recommend that you notify one of the 3 credit bureaus that your wallet is missing and have them place a fraud alert on your credit file. Just in case your wallet falls into the wrong hands, having a fraud alert will prevent anyone from opening a new credit card account with your name. All you need to do is report a fraud alert to one credit bureau, and they will notify the other two. Better safe than sorry.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/18/2006 03:55:00 PM  

  • Ooh, good idea. I'll do that right now.

    And how is everyone else in Beckyland?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/18/2006 08:45:00 PM  

  • Becky, Wow, you really have slowed down on your blogging. Same with my other favorite blog, "The Sneeze" (home of "Steve Don't Eat It").

    I've decided against starting my own blog for now. My life is just too blessedly boring right now. When I was living in Europe, that was exciting. Or when I did criminal defense work, I had great stories to share. I decided that I won't punish the world with the mundade details of my current daily life. Although when the excitement level picks up again in my life, I may try blogging.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/21/2006 11:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home